View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 12:50 AM   #114
Big Rat

Re: Big Rat's 1979 C10 High School Hot Rod Restooo

And here we are again. Shall we waste some bandwidth? Yes, I think we shall. I've kind of hit a rut, kind of. The tear down is easy, direction wise, you know the goal, and it is simple like trigonometry and astrophysics. Once that goal was accomplished, it was like, uh, um... look at the frame, uh, well, um... So I decided I might as well start cleanin some parts up and decide what I'm gonna get blasted. Then the cogs started grinding and the juices started flowing yet again. Just like I read in one of your guysesess builds, "progress, gotta make progress."

Gathered some job specific items, and got busy getting busy. Now, I didn't necessarily work directly on the frame this time, but, this stuff bolts to the frame, so it still works by association. The apple juice is crucial!

Oh and we mustn't forget my toothbrush and trusty bucket with performance bolstering for added G's

Need to get A-arms taken apart and ready for the master blaster and lets see what I can do with the rest

Then the crossmember started to cry because it wasn't getting any sweet hot grinder brush lovin, so...

While sharing an affectionate tender bath of Wally-mart brand frame degreaser, I heard a call to my left, I looked and beheld an ever so gentle vision of my next task

Back to the spindles. Finished up the right rear spindle(as sitting backwards in the cab). As far as I can think, which isn't too far, but I think it's good enough to paint. Suggestions on paint? Rattle can Rustoleum? Should I primer it? I am not a painter at all and I don't have any kind of paint gun or anything but pointers would be appreciated. I was thinkin about picking up one of those HF paint guns for this little stuff.

And now the left rear with it's twin

Apparently they built my house with a sway bar holding apparatus. Who knew?!

All clean-ish

Didn't get to the control arms, AT ALL, but I had to take a break to eat tacos yo! The arms and x-member are going to be blasted, along with some other things. I'm wire wheeling things just to see first hand how much one can actually accomplish with some patience and time. Whatever I can do myself saves money for goodies elsewhere! Some other builds say "budget build" and then you see parts showing up left and right. When I say budget build, I mean "I had to sell a couch and playpen to pay for my c-notch" budget.

Not a lot done, but at least I fashioned meself a ladder and trudged out of my little rut. I need to be like "Bomp" and get busy!!! Check out Bomp's build if you haven't. FAB HEAVEN over in those parts!

'69 C20 - Grandpa's 'ol truck
'70 Nova - Birthday present from the wife. She's a KEEPER!
'79 C10 - High school hot rod, BUILD THREAD
Big Rat is offline   Reply With Quote