Thread: Make it handle
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 03:12 AM   #9
Big Rick 53

Re: Make it handle

Thanks to all of you for showing how to make my truck handle. I hope I'm thinking right. Well I all ready have rebuilt the front end I used Moog parts bushing,ball joints,tie rod ends and Monroe magnum shocks both ends. I added power steering and disk brakes I'm using a fruit jar master cylinder(for now). The sway bar is a 3/4" bar with new bushing. Springs on both ends are Moog cargo coils,the rear end is a12 bolt 411 I have all ready cleaned up arms and welded up 1" skip top and bottom new Moog bushing. The first time I get a ride with a 12bolt 411 and I need 340 or 307. What I'm thinking is remount the the rear shocks out side of the frame and behind axle, the sway bar wider than the frame the arms mounting just in side of the brake backing plates. For the track bar the rod end on the end of the driver side trailing arm and bushed rod end mounted level and a mount to out side of frame at the level of the pass side trailing arm. I'm looking for a front sway bar about 11/4" and longer than the one I have to mount just in side of ball joint on both sides. Well am I thinking close to right? The power for now is a 283 punched 120 for close to 301ci down the road it will get a big inch sbc I'm putting a 700r in it has a 4speed Grannie trans (bad clutch) it will be pulling a small trailer and mostly road trips.
Big Rick 53 is offline   Reply With Quote