View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 11:02 AM   #3
DJDAudio

Re: Project: AREA|51 [OCD meets ADD]

It has your normal 'up north' vent holes :p

And this was the 54' Bed that he had tossed on it.
NOTE: the 3/4 ton truck was a long box. and well the bed is not.
no worries, the frame will not be used.

The past owner looks to have done metal mesh and plaster? as body filler.. still curious as to what this may be.

So the project title is 51' This truck was listed as a 1951... and well it has 52' door handles... hmm the plot thickens...

So I took a look at the 'VIN'

It has KR so that would lead me to believe that is a 52! hmm.. '14' looks to be a MD truck, and 'K' 3/4' Ton.

Surprisingly most of the floor was still there.

Also came to find it has a 90Mph speedometer that would also point to 1952...

May be original... I found the last inspection was in 1990 and it had 9,800 miles on it.

The owner had pulled the carb for another project he had in the works ( he had 3 of these trucks )

But the engine has new plugs a few new wires, new hoses and good oil and coolant in it.... So it may fire up if I can get a carb on it.

Also to my amazement the hood lip was all there and solid.

As well as the hood latch.

And here she is, it was an interesting tow.. I had no idea how heavy these old truck can be! ... they sure don't make them like this anymore.

Also to my surprise it had all new brake lines installed!

One major problem though... the brake pedal went to the floor and all the brakes are locked on.... this made for an interesting job getting it on the trailer and even more so getting it off!

So we had to find a way to jack it up on the trailer and pull off the drums to get her to budge.

The our surprise the drums came off quite easy despite their look.

Forgot to mention we got the guy for $100 to toss in an extra chrome grill, tailgate, and the 54' bed!

The Tailgate is not in that bad of shape, does have a slight bow to it though.

And it fit right on no problem.

Don't see these all too often.

And there she sits awaiting a new life!
This weekend we plan to tear it all down to the bones to see what all we are working with.
DJDAudio is offline   Reply With Quote