View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 03:35 AM   #3
76C10Stepside

Re: Where are the posts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOut67shorty View Post
I've had two s10s with 4.3s. One was tbi and the other one I'm Rollin in is CPI and I've always experienced stone cold reliability from them. Maybe gas hogs but they are capable of going over 200000 miles and beyond. As for the gauges they lasted for me. Only problem I've had was with electronics with the engine or the battery getting corroded and messing with everything.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks for responding. :-)

I always drove my Dad's around town running errands when I visited. It mostly just sat the last 10 years or so. Seems to get pretty decent mileage, like low-to-mid 20s. Better than my C10, anyway!
The 4-speed auto trans is a big improvement over the Turbo 350 as far as economy. My C10 revs high on the freeway. My brother says the battery seems to run down when it sits connected. We'll see when I get it back home. Maybe it's just the constant current draw for the ECM and clock, or battery is just getting old. There's some rust starting in the engine bay, probably from being close to the ocean. I'll probably put the battery in a battery box to contain the battery acid fumes, worked well on a van I used to have.

I've been driving only older carb'd, conventional ignition cars for awhile now. It will be interesting to have to deal with ignition modules, mass airflow sensors and electronic fans again, LOL.

I want to get a decent canopy for it.
76C10Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote