View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 01:06 AM   #499
JPBrecheisen

Re: Post pics. Lets see how many 60-66 4x4 are out there.

1961 Chevrolet I picked up a while back.

Funny part about this truck is that I found it complete minus engine/trans/interior and really was only after some of the steering gear and axle parts. The seller said he didn't want to part it out, and I didn't really want to buy a somewhat complete truck and just tear it down for parts. Something in me just keeps me from doing that...weird I guess. Fast forward a few months and I then see an ad for "parting out 1961 Chevy K10". I call the guy back, and he had sold the box, doors etc. I scooped up the rest of the truck still intending to use it as just parts for my 62 GMC K1000. This was back in say about last September. Now its May and I'm already trying to find parts to put this one together also. Even after the original seller sold most of the stuff out of it, I still can't get myself to tear it all the way apart. I understand that parts off this one and other can help keep current old trucks going and on the road, but I can't bring myself to let a 1961 Chevy K10 fade away.

Anyway, this one will take some time, but I'm gonna put it back together eventually.
Attached Images

JPBrecheisen is offline   Reply With Quote