View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #292
Low Elco

Re: Project '64 Cheapskate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyrestoguy View Post
QUOTE=Low Elco;6040216]Great to see it going forward. You aircraft guys, so precise. Gonna be pushin' at the Reunion?
Posted via Mobile Device
Yep, the plan is to be pushing a Fuel car at the Hot Rod Reunion in Bakersfield this October. I would like to be done long before then, though. I am really trying to get as much of the little stuff done as possible because I don't want to have to go back and finish it later on after the truck is running and driving. I don't like tearing 'em back apart if I don't have to!

By the way, I spent some time and checked out your Old Yeller thread. Man, what a job! It turned out really nice, especially considering what you started with. I also really like how you had 3 generations working on it. My Dad was into cars when he was younger, and we had some cool cars (all Chevys) up until the time the family started growing (6 kids). My Dad went to the Dark Side in the late '80s, and his most recent hot rod is a black 2004 Mercury Marauder that he keeps in pristine condition.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for Checking it out! It means a lot, especially from you. I've always said I wanted it to come out nice enough that guys who know the difference thought it was nice. It's pretty much come out that way. It's easy to fool the public, guys who know what they're doing can smell BS a block away.

This and Brad's are gonna look killer going down the highway together. Did your baby finally go, buying you a little freedom? I saw Brad was pushing Tocco and Garten, is he doing it again and who are you pushing? (I love the Smirnoff and Fighting Irish cars myself.) How do you guys know all these fuel guys?

Glad to see you among the living, hoping to see updates soon! As we all know, I love this truck!
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote