View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 02:15 AM   #67
olblue1970

Re: Ol' Blue 1970 - It's Quite a Story

Wow, it seems like forever since I have been able to get on here. Between sickness, and a long "honey-do" list, I have been swamped. However, soon I should be able to get back on my "olblue1970" project once more.

Today was a huge step in that direction. After much thought, I decided to go ahead and purchase a brand new GM Chevy 350 crate engine. It arrived today! Ironically, it is loaded onto the back of Olblue at the moment. :-) And I have her safe and sound in my garage.

It's a long block. However, intake manifold, carburetor, distributor, spark plugs and wires, fuel pump, water pump ect will have to be put on.

Many thanks to Hydrojunkie for the intake manifold and carb. I've already finished cleaning the carburetor, and I think it looks great! The intake manifold is 90% clean. Should be able to finish cleaning it this week. Some parts I will have to purchase new, but several can be salvaged from my old 305 engine.

The plan is to take out the old 305 engine soon. Then with it out of the way, I will take care of some needed improvements to the engine bay area while I have the opportunity. That will no doubt take several weeks. When all of that is finished, the new 350 engine will be installed.

Recently, my turbo350 tranny gave me a fit while driving around town. But, since then, it's worked just fine...normal like always. But, that experience has made me nervous. Hopefully, she will be ok.

I plan to post pics of the progress of the project. One thing I'm struggling on is whether or not to pain the engine bay the same color as the truck or repaint it black as it currently is. And, I'm also torn on whether to paint the engine hugger orange or paint it my favorite color - bright red! Any suggestions?

Ok, that's all for now. Hope to post more soon. Thanks in advance for the feedback.
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=566713
olblue1970 is offline   Reply With Quote