View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 12:10 AM   #7
jon75

Re: 1975 GMC K25 Sierra Grande

Just a little update:

Yesterday I tore into the prop shafts to try and figure out a vibration that I was getting at highway speeds. I removed the rear prop shaft and inspected the joints. All of the caps moved freely and the grease wasn't burnt. I also pulled the front shaft (pain in the ASS!!) and inspected the joints. I found the double cardin joints to be borderline at best, but the pivot joint was dry and the grease was burnt. Its the part with the ball socket inside the piece. I ordered the AC Delco replacement part and it should be here tomorrow. The nice thing about this truck is that there is about 1/8" or more of grease on everything so it cleans up really nice...no rust at all!

I FINALLY got someone to order up the AC Delco R44TX plugs for me and got those in. I did not have time to readjust the timing yet, but it sure was nice to get the Autolite plugs out of it. Makes me feel better.

I still have yet to get to the local pick-your-part to investigate what they have there. There is a wonderful salvage yard that specializes in early model trucks and has a ton of stuff for this truck. I would love to get down there but I have to take care of my son during the day and it's a 3 hour round trip.

I also picked up a set of 8-lug GM late model aluminum rims that most of the HD trucks had starting in 04 up to 07. I only paid $120 for them so I'm still on the fence about whether I'm going to use them or sell them. I just couldn't pass up the deal. Plus, if I want to use the stock center caps I would have to change over the lug studs and lug nuts to accommodate the center cap fastening design (not to mention that I would have to cut up the front caps to make room for the hubs).

That's all for now.

ASE certified for brakes, electrical diagnostics and heating and A/C & EPA certified in R12 and R134a

Last edited by jon75; 05-16-2013 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Forgot info
jon75 is offline   Reply With Quote