David67

Re: Project: 1967 C10 Small Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by northern 85 View Post
That looks great inside and out
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cericd View Post
Do you have any pictures of the foam repairs that you did prior to putting the new cover on? What type of foam was used?
Here's a few
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourkraut View Post
Looking good
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeTx67 View Post
Beautiful truck. I was thinking about the same seat cover for mine. How do you like it?
Thanks I love the cover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62LS1 View Post
I can tell you about the foam. It came from Bowen Foam & Fabric located in Houston. David Bowen can help you, but it comes in precut lengths. On David's truck, we used a combination of 2" and 1" pink foam which I would call medium density foam. They have additional thicknesses available but we used a combination of 1 & 2". Bowen also sells a black foam in different thicknesses but I would call it high density foam and it would be used in situations where you had to fabricate your own seat with a plywood base, instead of using the factory seat spring as done on this truck. This truck was also a little different in that the original seat foam was used as a starting point, with the new foam glued over the top to fill out the brand new (and very nice) seat cover. I believe David67 referenced the supplier in an earlier post. Good luck and I would suggest leaving the seat cover out in the sun until the last minute to make it as plyable as possible.
Thanks for posting this. The 2" foam was used for the top layer and 1" used for the sides and spots around the houndstooth as shown in the picture below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by original-71 View Post
nice seat david, the truck looks great also, cant wait to see it in person
Thanks Hector.
I'll be bringing it to Niftee Fiftees for the first time tomorrow night!!
Attached Images

Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2015

IG: david_r67
David67 is offline   Reply With Quote