Thread: pdx-sanity66
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 10:39 PM   #206
McMurphy

Re: pdx-sanity66

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxhall View Post
I agree, it is a good deal. I haven't really priced the crushed glass that I'm using in my blaster but that seems like a good deal too, and I like the way it works. The weather was nice today so I threw down a tarp and wheeled Sanity's body onto the tarp for blasting a few areas on her belly can't be gotten to easily and a couple of places where there's some surface rust. The blaster and the media work great but my sad little air compressor is finally dying and this will be the end of it. I bought it when I was on a tighter budget several years ago and it has served me well but barely adequately all this time. It's just a Craftsman 5 hp oiless pump with a 40 gal tank. In a way I haven't minded having to stop whatever I've been doing occasionally to let the pressure build back up because I usually need a rest by then anyway, but I have just worked it to death. I overhauled the pump last year but it is starting to act like it did before and I just want something that will handle what I need and want to do.
So I don't have thousands to spend but I'd like to get some opinions from anybody that actually looks at this thread as what compressor out there should I consider.
I got the 33gal Craftsman when I started this build, so I can fully appreicate what you are saying as I feel I quickly outgrew it. It is a fine piece of equipment, but it would be really nice to work on something without having to take those pauses as well.
I been looking at the big 60gal, 220 set ups.
I want to stay away from the gas powered ones when I make this upgrade.

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote