Thread: Silver Dollar
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 09:28 AM   #486
67 chevelle

Re: Silver Dollar

Such a great build , very helpfull for those doing an ls swap , thank you mrrhino

I am in the process myself at this time , ly6 into an 68 c10 , the fuel tank and pump usually have to be changed with these swaps , and following your build , i am using the 90 jeep wrangler tank , with an 81 silverado pump unit , both require modification , the pump unit needs the three rods shortened by about 3 inches , and i cut the sender from my in cab tank , split the tube , and welded it to the silverado unit . the tank had to have the pump mount cut open from 3 1/2 to 4 inches to accommodate the the pump unit , and a retaining ring made to hold it in place , while this takes some fab skills its pretty simple , and the good news is cost savings , the tank was 75 bucks from rock auto , and the pump unit was about the same price , so for around 200 bucks and some time its one major modification done and gets the tank out of the cab , for stereo space , thanks mrrhino

ps the jeep tank is not baffled , luckily the silverado unit is made for unbaffled tanks and has a resivor and check valves
67 chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote