View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 09:16 PM   #169
cortcomp

Re: '66 Longbed 327 w/AC project

Been working but not many updates...masked a lot off, did the roof finishing touches, then some etching primer then regular primer in the roof ditch area. Have some touching up to do on some minor spots related to roof work, but quick and not in the ditch, and need to do seam sealer on inner door jamb and vertical rain gutter seams, but got the roof drip rail done with fusor 122ez tonight, and it does work well. I was a little thick at the bottom of the sloping parts, i'll be sanding there, that's my bad for not being more careful. I just masked the drains underneath, and then i'll take the tape off and clear them with a small drillbit.

Borrowed a manual gun from a local parts store, i will try the fusor 2 part non-leveling seam sealer next. Here's pics of current status, plan is to paint the white part of the cab, then everything but fenders so we can climb over them, then do them and front clip last. Cowl area and fender extensions and hood will be painted separate. That will leave the bed, which i think will be the most prep work personally.
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=550931
cortcomp is offline   Reply With Quote