View Single Post
Old 11-25-2003, 05:46 PM   #1
mocwon
Keep On Truckin'

My own stupidity

Linus0014 (real name Ben Sayers in Palm Desert, CA) was inquiring about a part for a heater box for a non-AC truck. The person he posted to (Teeitup, I think) indicated he did not have the part. I e-mailed Linus0014 and indicated I had the part and would give it to him if he paid the shipping. I sent him the entire heater box both inside and outside the cab. He indicated he would put a money order in the mail to me the next business day for the shipping. I hunted down a box, packed it up and had my wife drive it to the UPS terminal so I could get the best shipping rate. I tracked the shipment to his door on the UPS website. I e-mailed him the day after he got it and he replied he was quite happy and that now he only needed the heater core hold-down brackets. I e-mailed back that I had those too and dropped them in the mail to him.

I will blame myself for being trusting of this jerk who now does not have the honesty or integrity to return my repeated e-mails about the shipping cost which I have yet to see that was supposedly put in the mail. It's not the money that matters, it's the damn principle that bugs the crap out of me. This is the first time I have ever been burned on the many, many items I have bought over the years from E-bay, this board and other car and truck boards. Maybe, I have just been lucky up to this point and Ben Sayers aka Linus0014 (should be Liar0014) got to punch my card first.

Thanks for letting me rant........