View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #153
gerfunken

Re: Scott's 1972 Chevy K-20. A place to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanroo View Post
there was definately some "mild" firewall action on mine. in general comparison mine is farther back and lower than most. that suburban i think you are talking about is a pretty clean rig, but the guy driving it is cranky. he keeps calling me names and stuff... hahaha

im glad you are going for the manual fan. definately the right choice for your state. i just wish we were all so luck as the guy with the suburban and could have that fancy horton clutch for the fan. i used the dodge radiator and that saved me a little forward room as it is a little thinner and i pushed it back into the support a little more than the stock 4 row. looking forward to what the guys do for the I/C as well.

i am curious about the other side of the engine as well. it looks like the ac compressor was gone but i cant tell. any plans for that? i *may have no current use for my water inlet bracket, but i havent decided yet. i can get you the PN if you need it. mosesburb used the same one as well
Ryan,
We're looking into the AC situation right now. With where the motor's mounted, and the AC unit currently on the top left of the engine, it looks like there is a worry about the hood being able to clear the top.

I did note on that really intelligent suburban guy's build that he mounted his on the water inlet, leveraging some Kenworth and Sterling components. I've also seen the following site (http://www.cumminsdieselrepowers.com..._Brackets.html) which may provide an alternative solution. If I go with the second solution, I could potentially use the AC compressor that came with my Vintage Air system.

Not sure which direction we're going yet, still working through the details.

1972 Chevy K20
Picture Gallery
Build Thread

1930 Chevy AD
Picture Gallery

1929 Ford Model-A
Picture Gallery

1975 Triumph TR-6
Picture Gallery
gerfunken is offline   Reply With Quote