View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 02:19 AM   #57
MIKEs50Chevy

Re: Need more leg room . please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handfull 54 View Post
Big Irish,

Here is what i did. I got a Glide Engineering frame for the 47-54 truck. I had the upholsterer use less padding in the backrest portion of the seat. This seat drops right in to your present bracket. All you do is remove the current tracks and put this frame in. It has its own track and the bottom lifts out so you can put items under the seat like an amp or fuse box or whatever. There is plenty of room. I have my remote fill for my master cylinder and my fuse box under the seat. I am 6'4" also and this works great. I also took the gas tank out. Here is a picture of what it looks like finished.
I love the look of your seat, I'm looking at doing the model with the tapered backs and the fold down armrest. I'm also removing the gas tank, so do you just have space behind the seat or were you able to move the seat back? I have longer legs and am looking for the legroom which is one of the reasons I'm moving the gas tank (eliminating the smell is the other). I'd also live to see the bottom part if the seat and how it fits and looks with the original skirt, etc. Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device
MIKEs50Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote