View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 01:36 PM   #166
OrrieG

Re: 1952 1 Ton Rebuild

Long rod works fine (a couple of guys here have done it, but if it gets more than a foot or so you will either need to beef up the rod or run alignment sleeves like used on steering shafts to keep it from bending. I used 1/2 EMT conduit on mine with a nut welded on one end for he booster end and other end fabbed to work with the pedal arm. I move mine back enough to miss the TF floor cross brace. I also used the stock mc mount and did not have any clearance issues with the TH350 trans. Here are a few photos. Note in the finished photo the brake line coils are wrong, I ended up turning them 90 degrees because I could not get them to bleed in the vertical configuration.
Also, I would not recommend installing your final MC until just before you are ready to drive the truck. I started real heavy on my effort in 2007-8 but got slowed down. Brakes was one of first things I did and I am now on MC #3 because the seals start weeping from not being used. I am just going to use the one I have and hope it seals up when in constant use.
Attached Images

OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote