View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 08:46 PM   #107
Peanutbutter
Account Suspended

Re: Bringing home 69 Pete

First real work trip for the 288 and hyster, truck and trailer worked better than expected, wife and I spent all last week fabing the mounts for the 30,000 lb tulsa hydraulic winch and getting it operational, air shift PTO worked great with air cylinder to dog out the winch. Good thing I took my big snatch block, winch stalled on the steepist part of the ramps, from now on anything that heavy gets loaded from the front. I think this 955 is close to 40,000 lbs, maybe extra 8,000 in counter weight, rops and side dump bucket. She fought us all the way, glad our son came along as he's ex halliburton and well versed in winch trucks. Had to be careful not to put to much weight on the driver. Put it on the cat scale day before and empty had 7,800 on front axle, 10,800 on driver and 7,600 on trailer axles, thats why we had to leave it farther back than normal. Got home safe and sound, no tire or DOT problems, needed air conditioning as it must have been 100 degrees in the pete, was glad Sindy had the dodge with air.
Attached Images

Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote