View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #27
rcrahn

Re: cutting holes for factory AC vents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Orange View Post
Fantastic! When I cut mine (painted already mind you) I almost had a heart attack when I thought I cut them too big. It's a wirerd shaped hole that will fool you visually. Great job!
Posted via Mobile Device
LOL!!! Thanks....
I would have been scared too using a sawzall. The HF tool for $18 did the job...
I took my time and did the final fir with a die grinder and hand files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by da-burb View Post
by the way, is the RH side a mirror image of the LH? If it is I will leave my pdf alone. If you had to adjust it some I will do a tracing of the RH side and scan it to pdf so it will be correct.
Yes, it worked fine....BTW....that Lemans looks cool...
I love it! Down the road I'd like to find a 64 Lemans vert and drop an LSx with 6 speed. Clean up the body with all trim shaved off. Lower it and ride on ride tech suspension.
Lastly, what's that funny white stuff all over the ground? Do you drive your vert around in that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrein3 View Post
I'm kinda late to this party. FWIW, I used a hole saw to cut those side vents. You need to figure out where the center is, make a pilot hole, then cut with the hole saw plunging it straight at the dash. I could tell you the size of the hole saw I used but I'm in Paris and the saw is in my shop in Minnesota.
I used a 1/2" drill and took my time as there is a lot of torque cutting that hole with the contour of the metal.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm sure it was like a 3 1/2" saw. That had to be tough. Have fun in Paris. I'll be there in September visiting the Louvre. Watching a video series by The Great Courses to familiarize myself. So much to see....impossible to do in one trip...
rcrahn is offline   Reply With Quote