View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 07:12 PM   #273
Sharps40
Account Suspended

Re: The Official John Lee Jr Thread

Sweet success. John Lee finally has a cup holder and it ain't in the way, slidin around on the floor, fallin off the window frame, sliding off the seat...its stuck to the floor, outta the way and within easy reach. I'm happy.

Starting with the kids 6 year old, $6 (at the time) Walmart Happy Meal holder for a bucket seated Minivan...thank goodness the minivan is gone and that I'm a minor horder... First step is to take off the happy meal tray, the lower umbrella hooks and the strap that goes around the bucket seat headrest. Oh yeah, and clean out 6 years worth of French fry grease....

Remove three base screws and separate inner from outer.

A nice 11.5" left over section of aluminum strap from the repair of Ol John Lee's rusty bed cross ties....markin it for bends to make a bracket. Gotta get this drink holder up off the floor a bit so I'm not changing lanes tryin to reach my coffee...its enough to bend forward and reach the defrost/heater lever!

Makein the initial bends on my bench come brake...

Then over to the faithful RCBS reloading press come vise come anvil to bend the mounting ears.

First bend on the ears......

Final bend on the ears...now to drill 5 mounting holes...one each in each floor mounting ear and three across the center section for mounting the cup/drink holder.

Last edited by Sharps40; 10-07-2013 at 07:33 PM.