View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 11:14 AM   #644
jlsanborn

Re: My '67 Fleetside C10 renew

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDodge View Post
Just jump in and go for it. We hung stuff all over the place from the rafters. I am on my 3rd try on my tailgate...grrr. Tailgate and cowl left and it is finished. For nuts and bolts get some cardboard and just screw them through. Shot both sides and you're done. I used chassis black on mine. DO IT!!!
Ooooh another build to read! I LOVE that color you picked and will be checking it out soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ctener View Post
Wish I could help I've never used anything more then a rattle can. I'd love to be able to paint, once I get a shop I'd like to play around with it a bit
Posted via Mobile Device
I had done some in the past but just machinery and crap. Nothing this detailed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
I generally do cut-ins (jambs and undersides) first, then shiny sides. This is also good practice. Then some general back masking, then shoot the parts that show. Get prepped, open a beer, crank up some Joe Walsh and have at it. I'm hotlinked on the phone, hit me up. Just relax. Remember What the Truefire guy says. "It's just paint. I can sand it off and try again." Remember, I'd freak with a Trans in my sink, and I'm a machinist by trade! It's all relative.
So ya think I should stick with my plan and shoot it all in pieces?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Also, if you're freaked out about orange peel, turn your air up. You did go get a gun mounted regulator, right? Must-have item. A little more air atomizes that heavy stuff better. Do that and move a tad faster, no problem.
Yup, I think I have the correct equipment. I run full pressure from my compressor(s) and regulate at the gun to 30-40psi. I've got one of them little inline coalescing filters at the gun too. This is the first gun I've used that has the air flow control tho and it seems I'm always fiddlin with that thing. As far as the hi-build primer goes I'm sure I just need to thin it out more. I remember back when I was doing the cab I had the same thing goin on and finally figured it out. Short term memory must be fading!! I really appreciate the help man!
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=471776
jlsanborn is offline   Reply With Quote