View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 09:55 PM   #195
sdwolff98
Turning Wrenches Daily

Re: 1964 GMC 3/4 ton build :D

Well all settled in have a nice paying full time job up here. now back to collecting smurf parts once the OT starts rolling in. Going after another rLS motor with a few changes to the plans on the truck nothing to horribly major atm. Looking at just doing an lq9 engine at the moment relatively cheap up here + I can wire in cruise control for my ole beast. Transmission decided against an auto since I can not get enough overdrive out of it without big bucks on a gears vendors. Going to install a nv4500 and ranger combo in the truck instead with give total 0.54 overdrive for my 4.56 gears lol Plus 25k towing capacity lol. Got the aluminum radiator and cooling fans in hand in the new garage. Been working on a new fuse panel project for the LS motor went junk yard divin for a weekend and came up with something that will work really sweet. Got lucky on terminals for it and should have it ready in few more weeks when the terminals come in from terminal supply company. Here are a couple of pics of the future ls fusebox and labeling. found out fedex kinkos can make custom outdoor labels for this kinda stuff for pretty cheap.

Sean
Attached Images

1964 GMC I1500 2wd (my baby) 8.1 allison 6 spd conversion Aka Smurf http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=438342
2016 Ram Big Horn 4WD parts hauler
2010 Chevy HHR wife new car after the circled problem blew up!!!
1981 Ram D150 /6 auto Wife's sunday driver

Living outside Gladewater Texas now working in Longview at the hospital there

future project toys:
1966 Chevy K14 carryall aka Smurfette future project 283/auto overdrive http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=551867
sdwolff98 is offline   Reply With Quote