View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 06:42 PM   #12
jorgensensc

Re: She won't fire up. Please help me! I"m at a complete loss!

Ok guys, I bought a scanner and this is what I found (innova 3130c):
Found the APP pedal was wrong. Had to switch two wires on the connector (evidently PSI had it wired for the camaro not the Escalade pedal). That fixed that code. I have run and rerun, disconnected the battery and tried to start. No joy. I have no codes. (except a low voltage ac refrigerant sensor which I am not using).
So I ran the live scan stuff. This is the only thing odd that I can find. The Fuel Pressure PSI shows 0. Even though I know I have pressure at the rails. I even relieved all the pressure, cranked, and checked again. Good pressure. I went out and rented a fuel pressure gauge,got it home, only to find out it is missing a part to connect to the fuel rail, so I can't verify exact pressure, but I know the fuel pump is working in both run and start.
The only other odd thing is the ecm thinks I'm going 158mph. I've read that is a problem that others have run into, but shouldn't affect starting at all.
The Throttle opens and closes with the pedal action, the live data verifies this.
I rented a noid light, but have no injection action. The fuses for the injectors are good and getting power. I verified that also.
I show rpm's while cranking also.

So if the ECM doesn't think it has fuel pressure will it not start? How am I supposed to convince it that it has pressure?
Any other ideas? Thanks for the help everyone!
Shawn

-What would you attempt to achieve if you knew you could not fail?-

-I Refuse To Tiptoe Through Life, Only To Arrive Safely At Death's Door-

R.I.P. EAST SIDE LOW LIFE
jorgensensc is offline   Reply With Quote