View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 12:29 AM   #10
lmdangerous

Re: DIY Disc Brake Conversion

I used the ford rotors on the front to avoid any machine work.( used the sleeves on each stud to center the rotor - along with the bigger studs). The calipers are the 3/4 ton 4 wheel drive units,( one all 4 corners.) but mine is a 3800 pick-up not a dually. Blackbird Enterprises makes a bracket to put the calipers on the back cheaper than you can build them. I cut the bottom corner off so I could slip it over the back axle tube and bolt it on - sorry I didnt want to take the rearend apart.rear disc goes on just like you said . yep you can even use the stock studs - they will work - even long enough to engauge all the threads into the nuts.( you could put a longer set in if you just have to have 2 inchs sticking out.
I use the speed way 1/2 ton bracket as a pattern to make my front caliper brackets. I am actually using the l88 vette manual Dual MC - no booster - and a pair of 2 lb residual valves -and adjuster from speedway. It will put your nose on the dash with very little pedal pressure.(I have several photos bracket , front , and rear I can text you or email you) - I also have the entire part number list that I used at napa.
Give me a ring if you need 662 542 0796. Someone does offer a kit for the 1 ton. -You do - The reason I did mine was the very fact that everyone said it could not be done for a reasonable price.(wrecking yard could make it dirt cheap -but with gas at these prices -can't run around and look much). Also nothing like having the old 3800 look good -different -and stop safely.

LMD

Last edited by lmdangerous; 07-01-2013 at 12:41 AM. Reason: spelling.
lmdangerous is offline   Reply With Quote