Thread: Crash's 69 K10
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 10:30 PM   #1114
Crash_OK

Re: Crash's 69 K10

Just a quick update, I installed a 2 inch drop steering arm to bring the angle of the draglink closer to level. This helped with the bump steering. The truck steers much better than it originally did with this addition and the late model gear box.

Before:

After:

Next addition is a sway bar..

Sand blasted and painted the set of 67-68 tow hooks that I got here on the board. I did not realize they would not fit my 69 without modification to the front bumper, I guess I will put them for sale or trade for a set of 69-72.

They really cleaned up nice..

I have put over 1700 miles on the truck since I got it going again.. I am really happy with the way it turned out. The LS engine was really a great addition, great power, fuel economy, and drivability.

I have noticed I have a very slight vibration from 53 to 62 mph. I really would not have noticed it except it makes the AC control arms rattle a little in that speed range. Above or below, very smooth. I guess I will have the tires re-balanced to see if it helps. Don’t get me wrong, as I have mentioned before it still rides like a SWB 4x4, but.. that is what it is?

Still working on getting the AC charged, hopefully that all gets resolved this week.

Crash's 69 4x4 SWB

Crash's Roof over Lake Home

Crash's 1988 Land Cruiser Build
Crash_OK is offline   Reply With Quote