Thread: 1963 C-10 in NC
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #220
1963c-10

Re: 1963 C-10 in NC

A couple of teaser pics of the engine. Brought it to the huse today to do some more work on it. I want to mock up the pulleys and fuel lines with the carb on. I put a delete plate kit on all the exhaust ports and covered the rest of the openings since these pics. I mocked up the water bypass kit and off top I want to go a few inches longer on the driver side. Hose will work, but its tighter of a bend than I want and I'd like to have the same amount of slack as the passenger side. I had to rotate the thermostat base 180* due to the air gap intake, but it will function just as well this way, and no clearance issues that I can see with the front of the block. I will also have to change the passenger side rear to a 90* as the 45* rests right against the vacuum advance and will inhibit any counterclock wise timing adjustments. The valve covers are aluminum and I polished them prior to going to the builder, but they will need another polishing after sitting a year. I need to machine out the breather and pcv ports also why the covers are off. The harber freight foldable engine hoist worked great with absolutely no complaints. Pulled it from the back of my 63 and it had plenty of height. I have the engine on a low mount engine dolly that bolts to the motor mount location. The lower weight movement is easier since 90% of my projects are done alone. I have the bellhousing back from the machine shop also, so I can do final mock up of the hydraulic clutch conversion. Its currently in rust conversion treatment and will have paint on it hopefully tonight. I'll post more on the engine and its components in the next post. Just got it unloaded and in its temporary home until the install. I won't know about distributor clearance until closer in to the install, but I can always go points and it wouldn't bother me in the least or even a smaller HEI, but I do like the Mallory components on ignition.
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=619024
1964 Short bed trailer

Last edited by 1963c-10; 07-03-2013 at 07:14 PM.
1963c-10 is offline   Reply With Quote