View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 03:15 PM   #8
SeTx67

Re: My first C-10 **Warning pic heavy**

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeTx67 View Post
My wife just called and said I have a few packages by the front door. I guess my order from Tommy at TNT-motorsports showed up
Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytona08 View Post
Yeah that would be awesome! Sounds like it's Christmas at your house!
Posted via Mobile Device
Text me if you want his info. I wish. Hopefully by Christmas I'll be ready for wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeen View Post
When you say the body shop is doing a few patch panels what do you mean exactly?
If I were you I would find out what method they use to do patches.
Here is a horror story for you.
Most body shops now days won't weld in patch panels instead they use a bonding agent and lay in the new panels.
What's worse is if you request that they be welded in they will scab the new metal in behind the old with the worst welds you have ever seen instead of doing it right and butt welding them seamlessly because most of those guys never had any formal training or apprenticed under someone who has.
The moral of the story is do your homework and find out what method this shop uses before you trust your truck to them and regret it later when you get the bill and find out they did a horrible job and still expect you to pay the bill.
Advice taken. When I showed him the truck and got a estimate I asked as many questions as I could think of. He said he was going to cut out the bad spots and replace them with new sheet metal. He didn't seem to think any of it was bad enough to warrant repacing the entire panel. I hope this clarifies some things
Posted via Mobile Device
SeTx67 is offline   Reply With Quote