View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 11:07 PM   #16
kursed

Re: "Nasty Nadine" 1969 Custom10 SWB Fleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
Where did you get the material for the seat cover ,I like it .
eBay. Glad you asked because I don't think I really said much about it before and I've been asked by several local friends lately "how come your Mexican blankets look so much cooler and bigger than the one's I'm finding?"

So here's what I've found out over the years.

Most folks commonly call these style of "Truck Stop Blankets" Mexican blankets. They're actual name is "Falsa Blanket" and they can be found anywhere from actual truck stops to numerous places on the internet. These are usually pretty inexpensive, I've found this style from around $5 BUT these are sometimes made in China and Taiwan and they often fall under the "you get what you pay for" as they tend to be a lot smaller, rougher texture, and just plain blah after a while.

The style I used in my truck are called "Serape Blankets" (sometimes called "Saltillo Blankets" because they make a lot of them in Saltillo Mexico) and actually made in Mexico. I'm sure there are knockoffs out there made in other places, but the lady I got mine from used to take trips to Mexico and bring these back then sell them on eBay. She wasn't selling anymore last time I checked, but I have several already. This blue one, another in shades of green/yellow, and another in shades of orange/red. They are my favorite because they are usually really big, really soft, and come in so many different color and pattern variations you always find something different to suit your taste.

Sorry for the long history lesson to answer a simple question, but it'll help to find the different styles and help you find one you like.

Google Shopping Search Results for "Serape Blanket"
https://www.google.com/search?q=sera...w=1680&bih=959
kursed is offline   Reply With Quote