Thread: 74' by Jabes...
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 05:49 AM   #30
Jabes1

Re: 74' by Jabes...

Its way too nice of a night not to be doing something productive in the garage. I love summer.

Well, pulled back the carpet... not too pleased with what I found under it and don't remember it ever looking so bad :/ Grabbed a spray bottle, copper spoon, grinder, angle die grinder, sanding disk, 110 welder and the associated safety equipment. Prepped the holes to be filled and went to town. I'm willing to bet my neighbors aren't pleased with me grinding and the air compressor cycling twice. Sorry guys...

Prepped the holes to be filled with a disc on the die grinder...

Made a few tacks. I let it cool with the spray bottle and a rag, so I didn't warp the dash or burn through it. Rinse, lather and repeat...

Knocked the tacks down with the grinder, then hit it with the disc... rinse, lather and repeat...

Finished for tonight... its getting way too early and I'm pretty sure someone is going to call the cops... :/ Well, after owning this truck since I was 16 years old, its the first time I don't have to look at those ugly holes anymore. Feels great! Still more work to do to the dash...

Last edited by Jabes1; 07-31-2013 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Fixed a few things...
Jabes1 is offline   Reply With Quote