View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 05:08 PM   #47
LEEVON

Re: Project "Rebound" 2006 RCSB

Need some pics Elco!

I haven't done much to the truck other than drive it. Took a road trip to the lake a couple weeks back and it was a blast to drive, got about 18mpg round trip too. I ordered some shock extenders for the rear, and once installed will follow those up with some properly spec'd Monroes. Currently it bottoms out hard on dips and I'm tired of the puckered-butthole driving. The battery crapped out two weeks ago, it was original so no surprise there. I also had to replace the high mount third brake light which was cracked and leaking and a headlight at the same time. Next I have to figure out where the windshield is leaking and the rattle under the dash is coming from...then all the "little" things will be done~! Maintenance is no fun but I am hooked on the feeling you get when you take a used truck and make it perfectly reliable and comfortable by killing all the little things that 99% of people ignore. I've discovered that this impacts the re-sale value greatly too! When they see how anal I am the trucks sell themselves.

I scored an '07-up jumpseat on Craigslist for $75 today! It is a direct swap. They are routinely $300 on Ebay for all model years.
Attached Images

Last edited by LEEVON; 08-07-2013 at 05:14 PM.
LEEVON is offline   Reply With Quote