View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #1
Masstowingllc

1985 c60 diesel conversion questions please help

Ok I have a old 1985 c60 it now has a 1970 454 in it and a early sm465. I just had tranny serviced its mint so I want to keep tranny now I would like to do a diesel conversion I don't care if its cummins, dura max, or cat. I will use which ever is cheapest to swap and easiest since I haven't done a a engine swap in a long time I do have a some friends who I might be able to get to help but the easiest the better. I can get my hands on a duramax, and a Cummings at a decent price I might be able to trade some stuff I have for them like jet skis, go karts, motorcycle I don't use. Or I can trade same stuff for a 2, or 3 car hauler not sure at this point.but I would like to get better mileage out of this big old truck since its a ramp truck and i use it for work so I would like to get everything and assemble as much as possible out of truck so I can do a quick swap. And since I don't have a lift this will all be done on the ground with hand tools and maybe some impact guns. This is a backyard job soi need places to get parts and what parts I need to get so I can have it all ready so my truck is only down a day or a weekend! thank you for your help
Posted via Mobile Device
Masstowingllc is offline   Reply With Quote