View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 05:00 PM   #21
kursed

Re: "Nasty Nadine" 1969 Custom10 SWB Fleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 502ms View Post
Hey, loving the white steelies and whitewalls. Those 250s are great on gas and can get your around town quickly! I had one in my 72 GMC LWB C1500 with a 3 OTT - I loved driving it
Thanks man. I'm following your build thread for sure.

Well I did most of this last weekend before I got sick.

Some shots of the rot that we're dealing with. It'll stay for a good long while I suppose. Maybe patch it someday.

Mounted my devil head bottle opener on the driver side rear wheel tub. I have since moved this to the inside driver's bedside. It was at too steep of an angle on the tub and making me spill too much of my beer.

Before and after of my nasty funky engine. I sprayed it down with some cleaner then hit her with a pressure washer. Washed a lot of paint off along with the 44 years of crud. I'll eventually pull the motor and trans, freshen up the gaskets, and repaint it all. Hopefully sometime in the next month or so.

Mounted a # 10 pool ball for the shift knob and adjusted the shifter a little. Still need to adjust a little more and the pool ball is just too heavy and clunky on there so I have another trick up my sleeve for a cool shift knob.

Started fabbing up a plate to mount my kick butt stereo system. 1973 Buick LeSabre factory installed Audiovox AM/FM 8 track player!

I also re-drilled and mounted the new rear view mirror inside the cab. Nice to be able to see behind me now.
kursed is offline   Reply With Quote