View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 02:59 PM   #8
mr48chev

Re: All electric AD truck out of Lake Tahoe on Ebay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralhead View Post
Lights on top look cheesey, hood does not fit at cowl and looks like the lower door in picture has rust starting to bubble back through. Inner windshield trim not there.

But at the buy it now price of $37k you will have some money left over to fix those areas.
A "custom" truck built by a non truck guy is my take. And one of those who thinks that going down the chrome trinket aisle at Autozone and grabbing one of each is customizng. My new Porter Cable heat gun might break the portholes and other nonsense off so all you have to deal with is the glue and an hour or two swapping out some of the other tacky pieces for cleaner looking pieces and you have and interesting truck.

Thinking about it, they may have taken an existing truck that was already setup with the gauges in it and converted it to electric. The lets pay 15K for this truck and pull the 350 out and put in an electric motor thing.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote