Thread: Parts truck
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 09:56 PM   #25
ryanroo

Re: Parts truck

I didnt have as much time this weekend as i had hoped. i was asked earlier in the week to help someone move on saturday and i also had to go to work for a bit saturday. nonetheless i was able to get something done

manifolds installed. also the half routed wiring. distributor is in. still need to attach the exhaust pipes to the manifolds and install the steering box. i am using the box from the tan truck so i will wait till i get it dragged on the trailer to scab the box off of it.

got the 14 bolt swapped in. switched the rubber line mount around and did some creative re-bending of the hard lines to get the brake line hooked up.

i used the 2.5-3" blocks from the 78. despite that, the original driveline was a little long due to the extra length of the 14 bolt's pinion campared to the h052. luckily for me i had this one laying about from my green truck that also had a 14 bolt swap at one time. it has very few miles on it and was built new for that truck so it is nice and tight and it landed right in the middle of the travel. ill need to figure out how to connect the park brake cables as they are a little short

this is how it is sitting now with the blocked rear. i think a set of 2.5 springs for the front will make it just right and i should be able to sneak a set of 35s on it with minimal interference

dumped some fluid in the trans, but got lazy before i got the tcase filled and the new filter and oil in the engine. gives me small victories to reach during the week

ryanroo is offline   Reply With Quote