View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 10:49 PM   #442
Ackattack

Re: Project Family Chummins

My wiring has been a mess, so over the long weekend I took the time to clean it up. To start I removed the drivers side fender. I started grouping all of the wires, I had to cut, lengthen, and solder several wires to get them to be routed where they need to go. I also took apart the bulkhead connection and removed about a dozen unneeded wires (mostly for the transmission). I still need to go back and put wire loom over it, but its much better.

While I was working on the wiring I noticed the upper radiator hose was touching the #1 injection pump fitting. The vibration/heat started working at the hose and it was obviously weaker than the rest of the hose. Luckily I caught it before I got left on the side of the road. The replacement hose happen to be just the right shape that it is not hitting the injection pump.

My blower isn't working on anything but high, so after a little reading I changed out the blower resistor. Well that didn't work. So I guess I'm going to get a new control panel from the salvage yard.

Then I finally took the time to put on the front air dam.

Pulled the truck out of the garage and turned the wheel, and the tire hit the air dam. A quick trim to make a little more room and I'm good to go.

I finished up the weekend with an oil change.
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote