View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #35
brikar

Re: show us your interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
Yeah, I'm curious about the thickness you used plus how you got the long straight lines to "blend" at the curved lines as though it is one continuos line?

Also, how did you conform the backside of the panel to the surface if the door or whatever?
Posted via Mobile Device
To answer both your's Dan, and Srengr questions,the komocel is 1/8 inch and the foam i used was 1/4 inch( it's call volara sculpting foam or landau foam) and it comes in different thicknesses,as far as getting the lines that's done with the foam just cut out the strips and glue to the komacel and I left a space between my foam.When it was all glued into place and I had my pattern then I glued the leather into place starting from the top(or bottom) and laying the leather down making sure that it stuck to the foam and komacel.Thats the nice thing about the foam you can cut any design you want,my pieces on the back of the cab I got lucky and they just kind of snapp ed into place,I did make some wood curved backing that i srewed in place for the corner pieces you can see them in the one picture then trim pieces to finish also komacel
Attached Images

Last edited by brikar; 09-06-2013 at 01:36 PM. Reason: pictures didn't load
brikar is offline   Reply With Quote