View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 11:18 PM   #202
zammer
Addicted user

Re: Blazer retractable convertible top

So I'm back to working on the top again, now that the kids are back in school and boating season is winding down.. I've been waiting for a time to get 3-4 back to back days to do this windshield bridge from the 68/69 chevelle...
Well I took off some vacation this week to get this thing kick started and spent the last 2 days cutting, fitting and welding this bridge. Lots of time went into recording all the measurements of the windshield frame outline etc...
Then I welded a bunch of tabs on the pillar bracing to give the curvature of the top of the frame to help me line up the new bridge which has been a project saver itself along with the old windshield a buddy gave me so I can use it as a template
I'm about 3/4 complete , just have to fit and weld in one more section tomorrow...
Then before I weld it into the remaining pillars I then have the next huge task of doing the exact same to the convertible top header bow which I purchased 2 new reproductions also from a 68/69 chevelle to mate up nicely with the bridge..
Here's a couple quick shots
Attachment 1153590
Attachment 1153591
Attachment 1153592
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  32.6 KB
Posted via Mobile Device
1970 Jimmy 4wd - future project
zammer is offline   Reply With Quote