View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 10:02 AM   #12
TNBandit

Re: 56 Longbed to shortbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrina/10 View Post
I prefer the long bed for proportion to the head light hoods. The cab just seems too long for the short bed.
Based on your pictures, I'm starting to agree with you.[/QUOTE] Decisions decisions.. Not at the point where I have to make up my mind yet since I'm still fixing extensive rust in the cab and gathering parts. From a strictly budget minded point of view the cost to me will be a toss up. My left side panel (longbed) can be fixed, the right side is junk, left step is ok, right side is junk. Longbed sides are damned expensive for the repros but shortbed sides seem to be easier to find so buying 2 of those will cost about the same as buying one longbed right side. I could even shorten my left side and save a couple bucks. Got some really nice rear fenders a couple weeks ago and those are all the same. Headboard & tailgate on mine are pretty crusty but those are the same either way as well. It's rough trying to build a truck on a tight budget but I have plenty of spare time so it dosn't matter how long it takes.
TNBandit is offline   Reply With Quote