Thread: 1969 Short Wide
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 08:19 AM   #1255
mcbassin
Still Learning

Re: 1969 Short Wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972SuperCheyenne View Post
Amazing work on that gate Bro, you are a talented man. Wish we were neighbors so I could talk you into helping with mine! LOL
Thanks Josh, I would help you if I could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsanborn View Post
Great updates and nice job on that gate!!! Your an artist man.
Thanks, I think it will turn out pretty good, considering how rough it was starting out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-DAWG'85 View Post
[IMG][/IMG]
Thanks P-Dawg that's a very cool picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL71C10 View Post
Looks good Mike. I'll bet your glad to see it going back together!
Thanks I can't wait to start putting it back together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgs_notes View Post
I haven't commented on your thread before but I've been following along. You're in that real tedious stage where progress gets slow and it takes more hours than you ever plan for to get it where you want it. Just keep pushing through. End of the year is creeping up fast.
Thanks for following along. Tedious is a good word for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsanborn View Post
Hear that! "How perfect is PERFECT?" "How much did that gray juice cost again!?" McB is looking like a pro here. It's gonna look ( . )( . ) when he's got it in paint. Ima want details when the color and clear goes down. He's obviously done a little body work before. Painting it in the same shop? Fun-dome and fans?
Thanks I can tell you it won't be perfect! gray juice? Yep I have done a bunch of bodywork back in the 90s, I got burnt out on it and quit doing these old trucks. It's easy to see why when you spend as many hours as it takes. I hope to be painting the final coats at my friend's paint booth. I have thought about building a small booth to paint the inside of some of the panels though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67c10rustbuket View Post
X100 Always awesome quality work and Mike is a great guy and very humble in person too. I always come back to his thread when I need to find the right way to do something. I am going to start a petition to add a sixth star to this build
Thanks for the nice compliments Dan.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote