View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 02:09 AM   #12
brandoncpm

Re: 6.2 Diesel in a 69 3/4 ton 4x4

Alright, so this project has been on hold for a while, a long while. Won't make excuses so here is what the new plan is. I have reassemble the 6.2 and it will fire if you spray wd 40 in it, but won't stay running. I abandoned the mechanical lift pump and installed an electric fuel pump. I have fuel to the injector pump but not through it. All I can think of is the injector pump is bad. Anyway, the truck is actually going to be sold this week hopefully. Decided to change plans and will be selling the 69 that I was going to swap the motor into and instead buy a 69-72 blazer and drop a 4bt cummins in it. I need a rig that I can fit the whole family into and the 69 pickup just doesn't have enough room. Always loved the old blazers and had a super scout 2 back in the day that I always wished was a k5 blazer. I picked up the 4bt with zf6 transmission and all the adapter plates this week and got what I think was a good deal. The guy I bought them from actually had them installed in his 69 blazer and took them out to sell due to the blazer being a rusted out piece of garbage. Now just on the hunt for a nice relatively rust free blazer without a motor or tranny in it.
brandoncpm is offline   Reply With Quote