View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 12:52 PM   #24
Speedbumpauto

Re: show us your interior

The console is actually out of a 2000's Ford Windstar van but it fits so good it almost seems factory.
Ideas are the beauty of a forum and I've copped some from here and it's good to pay back. In terms of what I did, I found the seats/console and fabricated my brackets for both and did all my seat belt brackets although 2 were relocated and laid all the fat mat and lizzard skin. I also had all the shifters installed with provisions for boots and had the accelerator pedal installed where it would fit.
My interior started at about $7K with + or - for changes we agreed upon. I had to add about $2K for the sound system. It's all done in european leather and special carpet and there are NO sheetmetal screws in this entire assembly. It's all precisely located clips or nutserts and EVERY back panel is made of aluminum. Everything is removable, including the carpet in one piece. Included was sun visor install, door seal install, a push button/key fob actuated door lock system for that STINKING bearclaw conversion that eliminates locks and a complete glovebox install with romote MP3 and USB. It also included the install and wiring of the Retrosound radio, Rockford Fosgate speakers and amp.
This may seem like a lot to many people and kind of stunned me at first but I go by the adage that a cheap price feels good for only a day or two but quality work makes you smile every time you look at it.
Speedbumpauto is offline   Reply With Quote