Thread: GM Semis
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 09:17 AM   #23
special-K
Special Order

Re: GM Semis

I want that tow truck,too!! That thing is great! I sold my C/30 tow rig because I wanted a medium duty to use with light trucks.

It's not either/or,it's both. Newer trucks are what they are because they changed with what the times required. Everything about a truck is there for a reason. They move to meet our needs. Old trucks are old trucks and they are for liking,for all your own reasons. If you drive over the road for a living and love old trucks,you'll have both. I take old over new with about anything. If I drove one for a living I'd have an older modern truck. As old as is practical,or even older with updated running gear/drivetrain/power. I like simple and would even accept a little less comfort. My buddy just put a pair of take-out Boltroms in his '58 Reo. He had to cut the floor out to sink the seats through the floor. I know before,when you drove a few hours you knew it! No wonder there were so many truck stops...heh heh

Money people will realize more and more that vintage semis are the ultimate way to haul your toys,they'll become highly desired,prices will go up,and turn the whole thing around on us. If you want one,or more,better get one. I know I better!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 10-09-2013 at 09:29 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote