View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 03:43 PM   #1
2many

72 Jimmy resto-mod: 454, 700R4, 14B, D60

I figured it was about time I posted up some pics of the project I've been working on the last couple years. This board has been super helpful and I feel neglectful for not posting as the build progressed. I'm just more of a garage guy than computer guy! Here are the specs:

1972 GMC Jimmy

1994 TBI 454, bored .030, heads decked and ported (A LOT!), Edelbrock cam and manifold, Thorley headers and duals w/ H-pipe, custom chip, bored TBI unit, SBC serpentine system w/ A/C (not yet working).
BUILT (clutches, servos, etc.) 700R4, NP205 w/ disc parking brake.
Rear 14 bolt, Detroit Locker, 4.56 gears, discs. Dana 60 front w/ crossover steering. One ton master/booster assembly.

4" Skyjacker lift, 315/75R16 Cepek FCII tires on powder coated steelies, later model GMC hubcaps via conversion lugnuts.

Tub Rhinolined, tilt column w/ later model GMC wheel, power windows, Corbeau seats front and rear, Tuffy console, custom cage.

Still need to get the A/C working so any tips on hooking a later model compressor to the original system would be appreciated! A lot of little finish things (as always) but it's getting there. And here are some pics:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks again to all for the help. Love to hear your thoughts, questions, suggestions, advice on the A/C, whatever. Now back to the garage!

Scott
2many is offline   Reply With Quote