Thread: Company Trucks
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 08:22 AM   #156
69CST-V

Re: Company Trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierkan View Post
FYI, there is a frame on e-bay for $45 that might help with this project. It's just the main backbone, but it has the neck already built and the mounting pont for whatever rear axle sub-frame you wish to build.

Did you say if you were going to drive the rear wheels or front with the engine? I've considered doing the front wheel. I have a blueprinted, roller bearing, .030 over 5hp Briggs in my garage from my kart racing days. It's an old Uncle Frank's engine. During the last freshening, it dyno'd 10.5 horse at 6600 rpms. Top speed on the banked 1/8th mile I raced was just about 70 mph. It would be too much motor to drive the rear wheels - it would just spin the PVC tubes - and I think it might be too much for the front wheel, too. If it turned a 12" wheel to 70, think how fast it would turn a 20" wheel! I'd best be wearing full leathers and a full face helmet.
I'll be driving the rear. My goal is to not need the PVC as I like the smell of burnt rubber and black marks on the street. LOL. I've started looking at some billet pieces for the engine and I've seen some guys get these in the 20's for HP. As far as the frame I like building them. I just got power to my new shop to handle the welders and machine equipment so the frame is the fun part. The only thing I will buy for that is the front fork, stem, and bearing cup assy. To cheap to mess with building. As soon as I get back from traveling I should have some tubing bent up and the main chassis in a fixture so I can build a few more.

You need to get started on yours sounds like it would be innovative and just flat out bad a$$. Post a link in my thread if you start one so I can follow your lil project.

Thanks for check'n in.

Company Trucks
69CST-V is offline   Reply With Quote