Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #131
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

Maiden voyage sans shocks and stabilizer, brakes seem to pull a little to the right when going forward, don't know if its just the crown in the road or not, seemed to not pull at all when in reverse. I just went around the block for the time being till i get shocked. All the calipers are grabbing the disks ok, all the surface rust is rubbed off.

Pretty happy with the stance of the lift kit, its a little more level than the old Rancho kit but still a little higher in the back. When the time comes to tow with it i may have to put some air bags on it too.

Now for some possible bad news, the fluid was leaking out of the master cylinder lid! sigh.. i took it off and wiped everything down but not too convinced that the new lid is flat, i went ahead and reversed it for now even tho its symmetrical, if it continues to leak i hope the auto parts store can find me a better one without doing an exchange, and before i totally distroy the paint on it and the surrounding area.

Parked back under the cover for now finally, time to clean the driveway! Tonight- Steak and a beer!
Attached Images

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote