View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 01:57 PM   #7
4eye4valve

Re: "Project" 1970 K10 Step Side

Thanks guys.
I thought i might give everyone a little info on the planned build. Ive always been a big fan of military vehicles. And Ive always wanted a military themed classic 4x4. So the first part of the project was to get it all stripped down and trailer it 600 miles to Memphis, TN. I worked in Memphis for a number of years and built some really good relationships with other shop owners, painters, etc. So a friend of mine who owns a body shop agreed to repair some of the previous bodywork and do an all over paint job for me. I chose a PPG paint that they call grey beige. Its basically desert tan in a matte finish. He is nearly finished with it and i should be picking it up on Dec 7. Now mind you im not building a show truck, so i told him not to really spend too much time making the body perfect. I plan on using this truck and i dont want to be sick to my stomach every time it gets a scratch.
The rest of the plan for te truck goes like this:
1 ton axles with discs and crossover steering
8" lift from Off Road Design
A lot of other ORD parts
Carbureted 6.0 swap keeping the sm465/NP205
Thats a broad overview of what i have planned, there will be a lot more as the build progresses.
I have a few more pics to post as soon as i figure out the hosting thing. Trying to use Flikr.
Please be patient with me on the build, i work offshore and that doesnt give me a lot of time to work on the truck. But i will post updates and pics as often as i can....

1970 Chevrolet K10 SWB Step Side
350, SM465, NP205 (SOLD)
4eye4valve is offline   Reply With Quote