View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #281
gerfunken

Re: Scott's 1972 Chevy K-20. A place to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Nice work Scott and congrats on your first start up and drive time! It looks likw some one has a pretty sweet Mega Cab CR sitting there too! How much of the dodge harness did you end up keeping to get the 47RE to shift correctly? I might be doing some swaps using these transmissions soon.
Thanks Ryan. That CR is my buddy Paul's, he's been helping me with the truck, and in turn, I get to help him with his '69 Bronco.

So, for the Tranny, I didn't keep any of the electrical harness. That's mainly because I'm running the 47RH, not the 47RE. But, I do have a series of challenges to figure out with regard to the lock-up and overdrive which aren't done yet.

In talking about my situation with someone else, he'd pointed me to PCS thinking that they may have something to help. I've looked over their site, and two things come to mind. First is that they're really focused on Chevy/Ford transmissions and that they're not a cheap solution.

I've still got to sort out some of the little issues... my power steering fluid hasn't gotten all the air out yet, and keeps foaming over the fill cap. The transmission fill line is loose and fluid is squirting out of there. And I need to get the fill line done for the fuel tank.

1972 Chevy K20
Picture Gallery
Build Thread

1930 Chevy AD
Picture Gallery

1929 Ford Model-A
Picture Gallery

1975 Triumph TR-6
Picture Gallery
gerfunken is offline   Reply With Quote