View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #702
butternut1972

Re: My '67 Fleetside C10 renew

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsanborn View Post
Thanks dude! Oh, you've missed stuff, not much building been going on tho. How's the four-eye going these days? Props on the recognition at the shows! Love that truck of yours

Its good...its been all tucked away under the cover for awhile. Dam job keeps me to busy sometimes. Thank you, it was a nice surprise, I could care less about trophy's....i just want to hang out and have some cold ones with buddy's. I am really going to try to hit the Spokane goodguys next year, Puyallup is fun, but I've never been to that one. I may take a swing at the Portland roadster show this March if you over this way, Bigblock68 will have a booth (chevy metal truck parts) and I might put the turd in it. At least having a show then breaks up the long winter.

Got more gas and finished up the chassis shrink. I could have just as easily drilled and bolted the body mounts back on but why? I ain't never taking them back off so I just welded them home. I plug welded the old holes and it's a wrap. Well, kinda.... I'm amazed at how flexy the frame really is. I pick it with the floor jack in the front-center and the thing is like a wet noodle! I think I'm going to box it in and throw some diagonals in front, center and rear. I still have to make portals in the center member for exhaust and I THINK I've got the motor where I want it and need to finish landing the perches. I'll then strip and re-paint the whole deal with better stuff. Oh, clutch linkage... Ugh!
I may have to bring a long bed to Spokane to get shortened, nice work Brutha!!