View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 12:23 AM   #988
Suburban_Tyler

Re: How about some pics of 2wd Blazers, Jimmy's & Burbs?

This is my 1990 GMC R1500. Odometer is almost to turn over 236,000. It's still on the original tbi350 and it runs great (knocking on wood). 700R was rebuilt at 163,000. It has the usual cracks in the dash around the speaker grills. Cracked a-pillar plastic piece. Other than that the interior is great. I'd rate to body with a 95%. It has a tiny bit of rust in the passenger side rocker panel. Underside of the body is in great shape. No rust other than a little surface rust. Most of the clear coat has blown off of the roof. I run a 325/60-15 on a 15x10 wheel without any lift. Future plans are to find a good dash and repaint it. Also want to put a spindle lift on it using the 88-98 spindles and 73-87 3/4-1 ton lower control arm. I know there are haters for the idea of the lifted 2wd's. For what I use this thing for besides daily driving I need it to be a little higher. I have 3 other 4wd's I can use if I need 4wd, but I need all of my vehicles to sit up from the ground. Seems like I am always dragging the hitch on this thing even driving around town pulling into driveways with inclines and things like that. I also want to go to a 20" wheel and keep an at least all terrain tire on it. Also the fuel mileage of the 2wd is better than the 4wd. I'll eventually get it painted and either go with solid blue or keep the blue and silver and just take the silver to the bottom. When the 350 decides it has had enough I'd like to put a 376/480 LS3 with a 4L85E new from gm. been working on my knowledge of the LS swap already.
Suburban_Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote