Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #179
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Windmills View Post
sorry no sympathy from here its 2 below zero right now with the sun out at 1pm.

are you going to wait until spring to start on the rust repair? What else do you have to do soon on the truck?
LOL! At least your in a garage tho. Our cold snap has subsided thankfully. I put in a 12 hour day last night so just getting up and moving and not enough time to do the brakes. I talked to Truckseats this morning and need to return the seat cover so will be standing in the post office line pretty soon. And Ok I'll fess up, i have been taking a short break from working on the truck

My plan right now is to hopefully get the master bench bled, installed and brakes bled ether tomorrow or Friday then get the truck back under the car cover. ( behind a locked gate )

Once that's done i have to finish what i started a couple years back, long story short i did a gas tank install in the back of the frame and run the lines up to the engine bay, then i ran into some health issues and stopped working on the truck, fast forward to the beginning of this build thread when i was able to get back at the truck.. I'm also debating on leaving the cab tank in or not, then installing a mechanical fuel switch in the floor of the cab so i can switch from the cab tank to the rear tank, this would mean re routing the rear fuel line to the driver side of the frame up to the cab and having both tanks share the stock line from the cab to the fuel pump.

I need to get my gas fill door and filler tube installed in the bed, i got one from an S10, debating on if i should cut and do a butt weld or go buy a flanging tool and bond it in place. Thoughts?? Also need to find out a good place to buy some sheet steel so i can make a filler tube enclosure for inside the bed. Plus i have a dent to pull right next to the area i want to install the door.

Then i'll give my hand a try on rust repair and i'm not a body man at all so i figured i'd start by removing one door and gut it out and start on it, if i do well i'll continue, if i flounder i'll try and find another set of doors and then give up and find someone to replace the panels, i have 2 leads already just in case.

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote