View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 11:02 PM   #30
mac808

Re: My Porterbuilt Experience...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubber View Post
Nice write up! I have basically the same PB parts on my ride. Definitely quality stuff. This thread will be a big help to those wanting to do this in the future. It's cool that you were able to slow down and take pics. I always mean to, but usually get caught up in the work and forget. Great job!
Thanks Cubber! I hope that it can be at least a source of reference to anyone who is thinking about it, just got it, or already starting their PB installs. I probably could've got more detailed shots but as you say, you get so excited and want to see it assembled and forget to snap pics. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevjayfsd View Post
Have you put the bed back on yet? Pics?
I'm just waiting on my bed wood to come back from refinishing so that I can reassemble everything with the bed off. Once thats done, the bed'll go back on and I will definitely be posting up before/after shots to give a good visual height reference for those curious to see how low it goes and how it sits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZURCC View Post
Just to be clear, did you or didn't you use the cups in the rear? I have the same parts waiting to be powder coated and installed. Awesome truck btw!
I did use the cups for the rear. You don't have to but it will require you to drill your own holes in the frame for the air bag mounting bolt and the air line. From what I understand, you would only lose a bit of overall drop height if you ran the cup, which can be easily compensated for by using a 1-2 inch drop block.

and thank you for the compliment!
mac808 is offline   Reply With Quote